Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 1997 14:18:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP and getty Auto Sensing PPP.

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Gary D. Margiotta wrote:

> Here is a sample of my config files, should you need more info, mail me
> back.

A better lot of information is at
ftp://ftp.hilink.com.au/pub/FreeBSD/pppkit.tgz

> Also, don't forget to make sure the machine is running routed or gated so
> it can forward packets out from it, otherwise they will not be able to go
> anywhere outside of the box.

Bzzt!!  Gated and routed are routing table managers.  They do not actually
perform routing.  To enable packet forwarding, set the appropriate item
in {/etc/sysconfig,/etc/rc.conf} to YES.  This will cause the kernel sysctl
variable net.inet.ip.forwarding to be set to 1, and tells the kernel to
forward packets.

regards,

Danny

/*  Daniel O'Callaghan                                                     */
/*  HiLink Internet <http://www.hilink.com.au/>;       danny@hilink.com.au  */
/*  FreeBSD - works hard, plays hard...                 danny@freebsd.org  */