Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 1998 18:01:40 +0600
From:      Anton Voronin <anton@urc.ac.ru>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there a safe way for filesystem export?

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> i'd suggest -maproot=nobody
> also, make whatever dir's readonly if possible and nosuid where applicable.
>
> -Alfred

Unfortunately, mapping root to nobody is impossible while xdm writes into
.Xauthority in users home directories and dirs like authdir or xkb.compiled.
I'm affraid this topic is out of this mailing list, but would appreciate any
advise on how to avoid the need of mapping root to root.

--
Anton Voronin                | Ural Regional Center of FREEnet,
<anton@urc.ac.ru>            | Southern Ural University, Chelyabinsk, Russia