Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:49:49 +0100
From:      Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
To:        Robert Deuerling <deuerl@bugsy.indra.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: REAL-Video

>does anybody already have experience with realvideo apps ?
>do i need any other software on my server to  deliver realvideo ?
>
>FreeBSD-2.2.6 with apache 1.3.0+FP

You can eitehr server the file over http (using apache or whatever) or use
the Real Video server which has it's own protocol which gives better
streaming and hence quality.

www.real.com is the site to get the real video server from. The main
charging basis is the number of concurrent threads supported. I think
there's a free server that support up to 5 threads or something. You can
get FreeBSD versions.

Manar