Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 09:24:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Odd X behaviour

I just upgraded to 2.0.5-Release from 1.1.5.1 on my main home system
("FBSD").  This system is connected via Ethernet to another system
("TEST1") running 2.0.5-Stable (as of about 2 weeks ago).  The -Stable
system (test1) does not have a keyboard or monitor attached.  Before the
upgrade I'd been using FBSD as an X terminal for access to TEST1 with no
problems.

Since upgrading I'm getting strange behaviour of X applications running
on TEST1 displaying on FBSD.  In specific some applications don't respond
to button presses, while others do.  For example, the sd utility runs
just fine; I can double click sessions and/or press buttons and all works
well.  On the other hand the vmix utility does not respond at all to
pressing any buttons - the buttons do change colour when the mouse
focueses on them, but clicking on the buttons has no effect.  The same is
true of vat.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |
|                  work: http://www.eco.nsi.nasa.gov/~mnewell               |
|                    home: http://www.newell.arlington.va.us                |