Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 13:37:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dror Matalon <dror@dnai.com>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI-to-SCSI RAID controllers (was "RAID ? ")

Actually I was very interested in some kind of freebsd RAID solution.
After a while though I felt that there isn't yet a mature solution
that works well with FreeBSD and so we spent the extra $ and got
a Netapp (www.netapp.com). Cost $20K for 18 Usable Gigs, but we're very
happy with it. I would be interested in hearing about people that are
using RAID solutions on FreeBSD in production systems. Most of the
mail I saw was about people experimenting with this.

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Richard Hwang wrote:
> >
> > I would be more than happy to write something on SCSI-to-SCSI RAID
> > controllers, as I have been researching them for awhile, and will be
> > working with the CMD Daytona (see below) in the next few weeks.
>
>     You may want to search the freebsd-scsi mailing list archives for
> some comparison tests I did between a single drive system, a RAIDION
> system, a CMD-based system and a FreeBSD ccd disk set.
> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@risc.org)
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

Dror Matalon                                            Voice: 510 649-6110
Direct Network Access                                   Fax:   510 649-7130
2039 Shattuck Avenue                                    Modem: 510 649-6116
Berkeley, CA 94704                                      Email: dror@dnai.com