Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 01:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Walt Ogburn <reuben@ugcs.caltech.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handbook: section on modules

Hi,

As a new FreeBSD user I think it would be helpful to have some information
about kernel modules in the handbook.  Perhaps this could be a section of
Chapter 9, "Configuring the FreeBSD Kernel."  Here is a first sketch of
what might be included:

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~reuben/freebsd/modules.txt

If it would be useful, I could try to write it up in proper SGML.

Also, section 9.3 ("The Configuration File") might mention the line
"options EXT2FS" for compiling in ext2 support.

Thanks,
Walter