Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:03:09 +0200
From:      Ulrich 'Q' Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   in free(): warning modified (chunk-) pointer

hello,

i'm getting lots of errors in the form of:
perl in free(): warning modified (chunk-) pointer

on one of my FreeBSD 4.6 machines. this problem occurs when there is
heavy duty (one perl script parsing a huge logfile, kernel/world builds,
etc.). and i've seen it not only with perl, but sometimes with 'make' or
'named'.

i'm pretty sure this is a hardware error, but i can't just replace the
server, so i hope someone here can tell me where the problem lies and if
there are some real test to check if something is wrong.

thanks for your time!