Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:24:16 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Subject:   Re: Diffutils

At 4:27 PM +0100 3/21/02, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>I'd like to backout this change in order to put us back in line
>with what's the whole wolrd is using: plain diffutils 2.7.
>
>It doesn't buy us anything that I know of (something that could
>be fine) and makes us incompatible with the rest of the world
>which is using plain diffutils and more, makes us more difficult
>to port something on.

This topic came up for discussion on freebsd-standards a few weeks
ago.  The resolution seemed to be that Warner was going to do it,
after first making sure that our version of patch also understands
the '\' line (which indicates that the last line of a diff'ed file
does not have a terminating newline character).