Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:25:27 -0700
From:      William Carrel <william.carrel@infospace.com>
To:        Brian Nelson <notgod@notgod.com>
Cc:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>, FreeBSD Security Mailling List <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH Security (just a question, please no f-war)

On 6/26/02 3:16 PM, "Brian Nelson" <notgod@notgod.com> wrote:

> William Carrel wrote:
>> If and only if you have ChallengeResponseAuthentication set to "yes"
>
> Just to be clear, the default for ChallengeResponseAuthentication is
> "yes" so you probably meant "If and only if you *don't* have
> ChallengeResponseAuthentication set to 'no'"

I intentionally avoided the double negative.  You can blame my English
teacher if you like.  :) :) :)

If the default for FooBarOption is "yes" and you have nothing set for it,
then you have FooBarOption set to "yes".  Or at least that is the way it
parses out in my brain.  Your language parsing may vary.
--
William Carrel | Sr. Systems Engineer | william.carrel@infospace.com
InfoSpace INC  601 108th Ave NE | Suite 1200  | Bellevue, WA 98004