Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:41:59 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        Matt Churchyard <matt.churchyard@userve.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: feature request

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> Could you add a very useful feature? I would greatly appreciate being
> able to view and delete VM snapshots via the "vm" subcommand.
> Presently I have to use the zfs interface directly.

Also, "vm destroy" does not destroy VMs, if they have snapshots:

# vm destroy my-test1
Are you sure you want to completely remove this virtual machine (y/n)? y
/usr/local/sbin/vm: ERROR: failed to destroy ZFS dataset d02/vm/my-test1
# zfs destroy d02/vm/my-test1
cannot destroy 'd02/vm/my-test1': filesystem has children
use '-r' to destroy the following datasets:
d02/vm/my-test1@2016-07-30-23:37:34
#

I think "vm destroy" should always destroy the VM no matter the snapshots
and dependent clones.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru