Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:18:12 -0400
From:      Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
To:        af300wsm@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: Which latex should I install

> I wanted to ask, but neglected to until now, did you install from the DVD or
> the network? Also, did you install for FreeBSD (pre-compiled binaries), or

I initially tried the network installation, but there are so many
packages/files to retrieve that I quit and went for the DVD install.
I recommend just downloading the DVD image; I believe it's compressed
with lzma2, which means the total data transfer should be much
smaller.

I installed the linux (or platform-independent) version. Works perfectly for me.