Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:21:30 -0500
From:      dave@hawk-systems.com (Dave)
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Jail management

not an answer to your question...  but in my experience, jail is a decent enough
solution, but not really designed for large scale usage on a single machine.
The overhead is just to high to sever off a 50 or 100mb environment for a bulk
hosting solution.  Am hoping that FreeVSD will port to FreeBSD sometime soon,
though even that has its share of qwerks.

FreeBSD is a great OS for hosting, but I suspect that it is a solid virtual
server port that is holding it back from the mass hosting market, unless you
have already chroot'ed your aps.

Dave