Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:06:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Slagle <raistlin@tacorp.net>
To:        mag@intron.ac
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/99979: Get Ready for Kernel Module in C++

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, mag@intron.ac wrote:

> I would repeat several sentences in my last reply.
> Why would people write Windows application with rather MFC/ATL/.NET Framework
> than direct Windows API? Why is gtkmm framework created for GTK+? Would you
> write a X11 application with original X11 API, without QT or other X11
> toolkit?
> I believe the answer is that all programmers are human begins, not
> machines. Human programmer would reduce brainwork, even if an API
> package/wrapper slightly reduces running efficiency.

And this is why office 2003 takes longer to load on a 2.4ghz machine then
office 97 did on a 233.

I don't think that is a comparison you can safely make and retain any
creditability.

If you want to keep the changes you made in a local tree or a p4 tree or
whatever, and show us we're all wrong when you're done, thats fine.  But
expecting committers to drop your code into the tree for such a purpose is
silly.

Jason

--
Jason Slagle