Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:29:41 +0200
From:      Tobias Tom <tobiastom@gmail.com>
To:        Josh Ockert <torstenvl@gmail.com>
Cc:        Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard@reallm.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 ndis support

> Note: I've never done NDIS before as I have a Cisco PCM-352 which is
> supported under FreeBSD.
Lucky man! ;o)

> However, I'll offer my thoughts in case they help: a) I'm not so sure
> building anything into the kernel would help as opposed to it being a
> module. I generally wait til I've tested the module and found that it
> works well before I compile it into the kernel, and only then for
> speed purposes. b) If you have a MODULES_OVERRIDE in your kernel
> config, it won't build/install any modules you don't list there. Try
> commenting out MODULES_OVERRIDE in your kernel config if it's there
> and rebuild your kernel. If that works, problem solved.
Thanks for your Feedback. I'll try it when someone can tell me that I
can use my card as Access Point (see other mail I send), otherwise I
can throw this NDIS Stuff back into Trash ... When the card cannot do
what I want it to di, I really don't need Windows Drivers on my
FreeBSD Box ;o)

Thank you anyway!=20

Regards

Tobias