Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 21:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, I've looked for CCD in the mail archives, but no findee.

 * > ncftp>page ccd.README
 * > The ccd master site has moved to stampede.cs.berkeley.edu.  It also
 * > has a web page now:
 * >
 * >   http://stampede.cs.berkeley.edu/ccd/
 *
 * Time to integrate it into the system, Satoshi?  (Perhaps on a vendor
 * branch?)

Other than trivial changes to shared files (conf/files, sbin/Makefile
etc.), everything is in separate files, and unless you enable it by
"pseudo-device ccd N" in your kernel config file, it won't do anything
else than compile and install the ccdconfig program.

So I don't think a vendor branch is necessary, especially with the
recent discussion on tags.

However, before it is integrated, I'd like some of the kernel folks to
take a close look.  In particular, it doesn't have any slice support
(includes disk.h instead of diskslice.h) because I took it from NetBSD
and didn't know how to convert it.

Satoshi