Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 13:22:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <lambert.org!terry@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru>
To:        root@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru (Alexey Pialkin)
Cc:        FreeBSD.ORG!sos@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru, atrad.adelaide.edu.au!msmith@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru, riogrande.cs.tcu.edu!tam@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru, FreeBSD.ORG!hackers@VexedVox.stud.pu.ru
Subject:   Re: DOS emulator; Silly questions ...

> For what else you are going to use VM86 ? The main & sole purpose of it is
> 8086 emulation => DOS emulation.

The main purpose of VM86() in my book is BIOS driver support and
fallback support for otherwise unsupportable hardware.

DOS emulation is just an undesirable side-effect, since I believe
that emulation environments should be implemented in such a way as
to require particular processor architectures to function.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.