Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:54:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgcc kernel compiles automated

> I have not benchmarked.  This is a personal machine, so reality means
> nothing to me, merely perception.  That having been said, I will
> repeat my earlier comment: It's a more noticable difference (and the
> more so since a make world and rebuilding emacs) than was changing
> from a 5x86-120GP/UMC MoBo to a P-100/Triton.

I really do wish that you could run some benchmarks to test this out.
The human brain is notorious for altering incoming data to fit
preconceptions, and I hardly think that I need to tell you that your
perceived "noticable difference" is about as credible as Uri Geller
bending spoons in a bench press.  We need some hard numbers here.

					Jordan