Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcsi.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: socks support native in freebsd?

Terry Lambert writes:

| > > Fine.  Pick a binary program other than Netscape which does not support
| > > socks.
| >
| > Hmm.  Microsoft Explorer, perhaps.
|
| Yeah, that was my first pick too.  Didn't want to admit it because

SocksCap should solve some of these problems on the windows side.  It
wedges inbetween a winsocks stack and application.  I've used it with
WFWG and the tcp/ip stuff from Microsoft and it worked, its not totally
clean but I was able to ftp/telnet out to the world.

The real issue with this stuff is supporting UDP stuff like RealAudio.

Doug A.