Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 19:00:11 -0700
From:      Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux sound support?

Quake, by the makers of DOOM, is about 1000 times better than its
predecessor.  You can get it off ftp.idsoftware.com.  You can
browse the net to find internet quake servers.  Its deathmatch
only, no monsters yet.  This game is going to rule when its
finished, the release they put out a few months ago is an alpha.

-josh

My sound setup works as far as I can tell, I can play .au files,
I don't know of a rigorous test.