Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 20:26:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        se@freefall.freebsd.org (Stefan Esser), CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-sys@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit:  src/sys/pci if_lnc_p.c src/sys/conf files src/sys/i386/isa if_lnc.c

J. Wunsch writes:
 > As Stefan Esser wrote:
 >
 > >   BEWARE: If you had lnc0 configured to have the ISA probe find
 > >   your PCI Lance, then it should now be found by the PCI probe,
 > >   and should be automatically configured as pci1 (!!! note the "1").
 >                                               lnc1

O well, yes, but that was the smallest problem in the commit ...

The commit message indicated, that the patch had been reviewd.

But I accidently fed an old context diff that I had up-loaded
to Freefall two weeks ago to patch, and it cleanly applied :)
It should work as well as the version I sent out for review,
but I really can't be sure ...

Anyway, now I'm waiting for success stories from Lance PCI users.
There happened to be so many of them, who really needed PCI PnP
support in the driver, and now they all seem to have gone (or to
be on a vacation :).

PLEASE let me know whether your PCI Lance works for you with
the driver changes !

And please do complain, if it doesn't ...

Regards, STefan