Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 09:49:15 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch to recognize AMD 5x86 cpus

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> Then this is a "bug" (or more accurately, an unhandled case).  I
> _WOULD_ expect it to run a Cyrix 6x86 with only I586_CPU, and to _NOT_
> run with only I486_CPU.

To re-iterate : it works with I486_CPU, and doesn't with I586_CPU. I
didn't bother with I686_CPU - that will definitely not work.

---
Khetan Gajjar	       [ http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan  ]
UUNet Internet Africa  [ 0800-030-002 & help@iafrica.com ]
Get rid of Telkom....  [      http://www.ispa.org.za     ]
I'm a FreeBSD User!    [      http://www.freebsd.org     ]
Any opinions stated in this message are personal.
UIA's official policy may not be reflected in this message.