Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:40:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "S(pork)" <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T1 offc. resell config

The reason that we're looking at commercial products is that this initial
"trial" in our building is both a sales and engineering trial...  If we go
to BigCo.com and say "we'll wire your building and charge $x/customer" we
need something that can go above and beyond what a PC can do...  For
example, if we wire a building with both ABC and NBC in the same building,
I'm not sure how MIS would react to being on the same ethernet as a
competitor.  Cisco and Bay both are making rack systems that make the line
between a switching hub and a router rather blurry...  My concern is to be
able to make sure seperate clients on the same building feed can't see
each other at all...  I just can't seem to find an economical way to do
this...

Charles