Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:01:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
To:        Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
Cc:        David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to lock out a nonpaying user?

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Norman C Rice wrote:

> Sounds very interesting.... I know that RedHat Linux has a similar
> feature accessible from their control-panel. Would you consider
> publishing your script to simplify this task for other providers?
> --
> Regards,
> Norman C. Rice, Jr.

I don't mind sharing this. Some parts are crude and it doesn't currently
provide and file-locking mechanism but up to now there hasn't been
a high likelihood of simultaneous use due to the structure of our
operation. Another shortcoming is it doesn't manage the radius
users file, which is also of little concern due to 99% of our
logins use the DEFAULT entry. Rather than post to the list, email
me separately.

Jeffrey A. Lynch, President		      JORSM Internet
email: jeff@jorsm.com		Northwest Indiana's Full-Service Provider
Voice: (219)322-2180		   927 Sheffield Avenue, Dyer, IN 46311
Autoresponse: info@jorsm.com		   http://www.jorsm.com