Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:26:22 -0600
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Learning the ins & outs of FreeBSD

Also, this time around, Dr. McKusick provided an opportunity to
receive class materials and video tapes of the 15 lectures in his
"advanced" course for a reasonable fee.  I've viewed two of the
lectures so far and I'm enjoying them immensely. It is nice to get
some insight and history from Dr. McKusick.  Thanks, Kirk!

I do not know if Dr. McKusick intends to do this again in the future,
nor do I know if you can begin receiving tapes from the current course
at this time.

However, Alex Nash <nash@mcs.com> may be able to answer these
questions if you are interested.  He seems to have helped Dr. McKusick
organize this.  Thanks, Alex!

Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>

On 9 February 1998 at 11:19, Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com> wrote:
[snip]
> For those who are in the San Francisco Bay Area, Kirk McKusick also
> periodically offers an excellent course that walks through the kernel sources
,
> and explains what's going on at various bits.  (You should have read at least
> one of the above books before taking the "advanced" course, although I don't
> know what the difference between teh "beginner" and "advanced" courses is.)
[snip]

with "unsubscribe hackers" in the body of the message