Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:23:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov
Cc:        adrian@creative.net.au, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Damn spam(tm)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov wrote:

> > This sucks.
> > I post to the freebsd-isp list from my main emai laccount.. this is the first
> > bit of spam I've ever had from it.
>
> Really?  You are very lucky.
>
> Anyway, no need to quote the entire thing over again.  Logic dictates that
> unless everyone quotes only a portion, the series will diverge.  The mail
> headers are quite sufficient to deal with.

                                                   ^^^^^^^^^
This is from MSN.COM. In my experience, complaining (rightfully) to
abuse@uu.net will get you an automated reply... but nothing else. UUNet
appears not to give a rip - or cannot begin to police all of the abusers
on that network. MOST of the German universities are on my list of open
relays and hve long since been blocked.

-Dave