Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:17:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reminder: 2.2.6-RELEASE tag going down at 0100 PST, 98/03/24

>  * Nope, read my announcement in -stable again; the tag was always
>  * scheduled for 1am.  If you're referring to ports/packages then,
>
> This is what you said when I asked last week for definite
> confirmation of the schedule. ;)
>
> ===
> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>
> I expect to be putting the tag down on Tuesday night late.

Sorry, I was thinking "monday night late / tuesday early" (depending
on whether you're a stickler for the day transition at midnight) and
what came out was a mixup between the two.  I had to check my own
original email to see what my announced deadline was (1am) and then
went by that when I sent my last "heads up".  My apologies for the
confusion.

In any case, I've cancelled appointments scheduled for tonite
and have conflicting engagements tomorrow, so we really should
do it at the scheduled time.

> Oh well.  The only outstanding issue as far as the ports *tree* is
> concerned is the misc/plan breakage.  I really need to do some other
> things for the conference starting tomorrow and I also am dead sleepy,
> but I'll see if I can fix that.

OK, sounds like we can go forward with the release as planned then.
Thanks.

> I haven't run a md5 check on distfiles and packages yet, but those can
> wait until tomorrow, right?

Right - we won't actually have all the bits FTP'd over until then
anyway.

					Jordan