Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 05:56:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysexits

> > What's wrong with errx(1, "[mcre]alloc failed")?
>
> The inherent unportability of such code to non-4.4-BSD derived
> systems, perhaps?

For me this is a no-brainer: errx et al is an acceptable interface
spec when working on system utilities running on a system that
dictate using this interface in style(9).

One could define (and probably one has defined) a better interface, but
one probably has better things to do with one's time.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval