Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:46:51 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      Steve Howe <groggy@iname.com>
To:        William Barrett <adscom@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages

> 	I have recently downloaded FreeBSD and also some packages with it. I seem
> to be having some problems finding the packages.

if you downloaded packages (they all have a .tgz extension)
they will be exactly where you downloaded them.

you do not mention what OS or method you used to download them,
so all i can say is that there isn't anything tricky about it.
you just FTP (in binary mode) from the packages/All directory.

usually, in Windows, you will have a client with a split screen
that will show you on one side - the remote server, and on the
other, the local directory where the files will be saved.

if you used a command line FTP client, then they will
most likely be in the directory from which you started
the FTP client.

if you used Netscape, chances are the stuff is corrupt,
since it tends to download *.tgz files in ASCII mode.