Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:31:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Steven P. Donegan" <donegan@quick.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NOW/MOSIX/Beowulf

Amancio Hasty writes:

 > > dirty & write your own messaging system for Myrinet.  Locally, we've
 > > done just this -- see http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/trapeze.
 > >
 > I think Intel should loan your  a couple xeon 450 based systems .

That would be nice ;-).

 > Curious does anyone know if Myrinet is making an AGP version of their
 > board?

Unfortunately, I don't think they are.  But they are planning to offer
64-bit PCI soon.  It also features much nicer DMA engines & IP
checksum offloading.  See http://www.myri.com/myrinet/PCI/pci64.html
We're slated to get some beta-test boards as soon as they come back
from fab.

This is rather off topic, but does anybody know what the cheapest
route to a 64-bit PCI slot on an Intel platform is?  I know the 450NX
chipset supports 64-bit PCI, but the last time I checked, machines
using the 450NX chipset were only available in high-margin servers
from Dell.  Does anybody know of any 3rd-party x86 motherboard that
has a 64-bit slot?

Thanks,

Drew