Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 16:32:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@iengines.com>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "File too large" in Amanda restore?

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

> This is probably because you're using NFSv2 which has a 2 GB filesize
> limit.  NFSv3 isn't limited to 2 GB so if you can use v3 that will help.
> If not, you need to use a different method to move the data over the net.

Hmm, is there a way to check which version of NFS a server is using?  (and
if the system is running NFSv2, how to force it to use v3?  As I said
before, it's 3.4-STABLE

> Rather than assume the problem is FreeBSD I would assume the problem is
> that you're looking for the answer to an amanda problem on a FreeBSD
> list.  Most of the Amanda people are on amanda-users@amanda.org.
> Believe me, people have had this problem...

I would agree, however we also had a problem with scp'ing a 3GB file over
to this same box, the .tar file always came up corrupt when de-tarred (we
think this is a scp problem though)...  SO I was, perhaps in error, linking
the two...

Best Wishes - Peter

 | Peter Losher | SysAdmin - iEngines, Inc. | Peter.Losher@iengines.com |