Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:35:02 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD random I/O performance issues

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:03:24 PST, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I've committed it into -current and will MFC it into
>     -stable in a week if there aren't any problems.  I
>     do not intend to MFC it into 3.x.

Hi Matt,

I'd like to suggest that a week is not enough.  Given that we seem to be
back on the bleeding edge in CURRENT, a lot of folks who might be able
to send valuable feedback are less likely to manage a system update
within the short space of 1 week.

I'm not telling you what to do.  I'm just mentioning it in case you'd
overlooked the fact that acceptable MFC times grew abnormally short
small during the code slush and freeze. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.