Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:35:14 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        barry@lustig.com
Subject:   Re: VMWare performance when returning from suspend to disk

At Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:37:36 -0500,
Barry Lustig wrote:

> VMWare running on dual 800Mhz with 512MB RAM runs great, except when I
> suspend to disk and then restore that image.  When the restored image starts
> running, the mouse will move for a few moments and then freeze and then start
> moving again.  The same behavior happens to window input.  During the
> freezes, VMWare seems to be doing a lot of I/O.  Any thoughts on where to
> look?
>
> Thanks,

This is because the restored image is mmaped without MAP_NOSYNC flag.
(When you 'power on', the image is mmapped with the flag because
the image is unlinked just after mmapped.)

Try the patch included in
http://home.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/cgi-bin/showmail/FreeBSD-users-jp/55885

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp