Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 23:52:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      overby@rrnet.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, mnemonic@mail.be
Subject:   Re: Big Problem with ASUS A7V133, please help me !

"Mnemonic Engineer" <mnemonic@mail.be> wrote:`
> I have a big problem with my ASUS A7V133 motherboard.
> Consequences: I cannot discover FreeBSD !
> Version : 4.3-RELEASE and 4.2-RELEASE

I run FreeBSD-4.3R on an ASUS A7V133 with a 900MHZ Athlon, but it's not
without problems: I still don't have my Sony CD-RW working.  When probed
with an INQUIRY BIG, the drive does not respond.  The ATAPI driver times
out, resets the IDE bus, and hangs.

I see from your OpenBSD dmesg listing that you have the same drive!  Unplug
it and you'll be able to use FreeBSD.

Glen Overby