Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:25:26 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Pasternak?= <doc@lublin.t1.pl>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Check Diffs Question

> > What compromised of my system just took place?

Well, I'm reading nth post in this thread .. and I have just few questions:

What's the problem? We know, that someone compromised your system's security, for sure.
Why don't you download system sources and rebuild everything? (*including*
ports)? Or, back up your data and reinstall everything.

You'll never know, what rootkits and trojans hacker could install.
For example, I once saw situation, where hacked FreeBSD just restarted
/or halted/ without any causes... except chmod 777 on /dev/mem and /dev/kmem.

If the hacker is good, recompiling src and ports and starting with bare /etc
*won't* help.

--
[ Michal Pasternak     doc@lublin.t1.pl     +48606570000  ]
[ sklepy internetowe, bazy danych, programy na zamówienie ]