Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:10:44 +0100
From:      Alex Le Heux <alexlh@funk.org>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Juniper IOS install woes on FreeBSD machine

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 01:03:00AM -0600, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 07:17:16AM +0200, chunan.li@nokia.com wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Could you please tell me where I can download the JunOS?
> >  I am planing to use it in my protocol testing network.
>
> you successfully missed the entire point of louie's well written mail.
>
> i'll summarize in my own special way:
>
> JUNOS IS PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE THAT SHIPS WITH JUNIPER ROUTERS AND JUST
> BECAUSE YOU CAN PHYSICALLY EXTRACT IT FROM THE ROUTER AND PLACE IT ON A
> PC DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT.

Actually, it does. As long as you make sure you shut down your Juniper
router before you boot up JunOS on your PC.

> just another happy juniper customer,

Ah, yes, I remember how it feels to be a happy Juniper customer...

Alex Le Heux

--
Technology, of course, has been part of human existence since our
Cro-Magnon ancestors picked up a stone and realized it could be more than