Date:      19 Mar 2002 22:51:44 +1200
From:      Benno Rice <benno@jeamland.net>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPC release as part of 5.0??

--=-xUTWuHUEWyCZ4VqNBgv/

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 20:10, Bill Swingle wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:51:05PM +1200, Benno Rice wrote:
> > It depends on how far we've progressed.  I'm hoping to have it to at
> > least single-user by 5.0 so it may appear at some point in the 5.0
> > lifecycle or it may wait until 6.0.  It depends on how the development
> > goes.
> >=20
> > The current status is that it makes it to attempting to start
> > /sbin/init.
>=20
> Is there anything that the average joe user can do to help out at the
> moment? I'm in no shape to actually be hacking on -ppc but have a few
> powerbooks at my disposal that I could do other stuff on.

Not unless you want to get deep into the kernel guts. =3D)

Once we hit a reliable single user things start to get more
interesting.  That's when userland work's needed.

At the moment though it's all kernel.

Later on it'll be good to have people test the stuff on hardware I don't
have, or for them to make that hardware available to me in some form so
I can make sure it runs on there.  For the moment though what I need is
more time to work on this. =3D/

--=20
Benno Rice
benno@jeamland.net

--=-xUTWuHUEWyCZ4VqNBgv/

--=-xUTWuHUEWyCZ4VqNBgv/--

with "unsubscribe freebsd-ppc" in the body of the message