Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:58:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Kirill Ponomarew <ponomarew@oberon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: znyx NIC's

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:

> Hi!
>
> we have just bought many 4 ports ZNYX NIC's -
> http://www.znyx.com/products/hardware/zx340q.htm.
>
> The NIC works good with dc driver, but only if the card is
> in 100baseTX mode, with 10baseT/UTP the NIC doesn't work at all.
>
> What have to be done to make this card working under 10baseT/UTP with
> dc driver?
>
> --
> Kirill

That's a good question.  I checked out their downloadable driver, and it
does not appear to provide source code for anything relevant.  Perhaps you
could drop them an e-mail asking for public release of the changes
necessary to get 10baseT working.  As that would in no way give away their
"rainlink" technology, they might be willing.

If that fails, you could locate someone running a recent release of linux
and see if 10baseT works on those cards properly.  If so, we can probably
extract the necessary changes from the linux driver.

If both of those fail, you could search for relevant documentation and we
could work based off of that.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack