Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:16:25 -0500
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
Cc:        Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>, libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are are you devel on?

On Fri Dec 20, 2002 at 11:01:31AM +0100, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
> In arved.freebsd.libh, you wrote:
>
> >> The tvision port is currently unmaintained, perhaps maintainer should
> >> be passed to libh@freebsd.org?
> >
> > Who would we talk to about this?  Do we want to do this? :-)
>
> I was just asking, since you are the only people that use the port, you probably
> want to review patches to the port.

Yep. Thinking again about this, I'd really like to have maintainership
of the port, since recent changes (the 0.8 upgrade, in particular)
totally broke tvision and no one but us noticed. :)

> > The original code is copyrighted by Borland but is freely available from
> > the net. Try here.  This port is distributed under the GPL license and
> > the Sigala's port under a BSD like license. [stuff deleted]
> >
> > Which is why I am asking.
>
> Sorry, didn't know that. I'll hide under my stone again.
> But i would prefer using tvision because of the license.

I think there's been some confusion here. The text max quoted is from
http://tvision.sf.net/. But this is the rhtvision port. The tvision port
is exactly that, the Sigala's port. So if we can revert back to tvision
as I wish, everything will be well.

In the meantime, rhtivision is a workable replacement, however bad it is.

But it is clear in my mind that we cannot package libh linking against
rhtvision without modifications to rhtvision, since it links uselessly
against X11.

I just ported libh to rhtvision in order to unbreak it completely under
-current.

A.

with "unsubscribe freebsd-libh" in the body of the message