Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:03:31 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: seeking advice WRT maintaining private FreeBSD ports branch

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 05:36:47PM -0500, Brian Reichert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:18:20PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > This doesn't directly answer your question, but it does directly
> > address your problem...
>=20
> Er, nope.  Nice try:
>=20
> > Submit your tweaks back to the port maintainer.
>=20
> Um, some of these tweaks are _not_ going to be accepted, such as
> commenting out 'NO_PACKAGE' out of a makefile.

Treating the symptom rather than the problem, but NO_PACKAGE is easily
overridden by setting the FORCE_PACKAGE environment variable.  Hm, I
just found out that this is not documented in the comments at the top of
bsd.port.mk...

As for treating the actual problem, CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM should
generally fit your needs.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the =
original Sanskrit.

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--