Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:27:41 +0300 (EAT)
From:      Noah K Sematimba <ksemat@ksemat.co.ug>
To:        Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Serial line fbsd installation with no CD

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:42:39AM -0700, S=EAr=EAciya Kurdistan=EE wrote=
:
> > > I have a feeling the process of updating the source might have been f=
lawed and
> > > also I have a sneaking suspicion that I left out IPFW2 from make.conf=
 at the time.
> > > (IPFW2 was is currently the main problem which we want to be using fo=
r traffic
> > > shaping and prioritizing).
> >
> >   If you're wanting to use IPFW2, don't forget to have "options IPFW2" =
in the
> >   kernel config and "IPFW2=3Dtrue" in your /etc/make.conf  Good luck!
> Ack - it looks like this is the problem after all I'd missed out IPFW=3Dt=
rue from
> /etc/make.conf :(
>
> I'll rebuild with this and see how it goes.
>
> Thanks!

incidentally I just did a build from 4.6.2 CDs and then used cvsup to
upgrade to 4.8-STABLE and I simply used the usual procedure except that I
decided to skip going into single user mode.

I simply run:

make -j4 buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DSOMEKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=3DSOMEKERNEL
make installworld
reboot

mergemaster
reboot