Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:02:45 +0100
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Carp and port trunking

--==========509BCE44887CE3119F3E==========

+-Le 11/12/2004 20:47 +0100, Max Laier a dit :
| On Saturday 11 December 2004 20:26, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
|> Hi,
|>
|> I've been wondering, would it be possible to use Carp on two routers in
|> load balancing mode, connected to 2 trunked ports a switch ?
|
| Not entirely sure what you mean. Could you try to draw an ascii "art" of
| what  you have in mind?

Oh, hum, will that get you in what I have in mind

       outside
     |              |
  +----+          +----+
  | R1 |--pfsync--| R2 |
  +----+          +----+
      \ Carp here  /
       \          /
        \        /
         \      /
          \    /   trunk on those 2 ports
   +-------------------+
   |   switch          |
       customers here

In that case, both routers always work, the switch is sending packets to
one or the other as the ports leading to them are trunked.

Is that clear enough ?

--
Mathieu Arnold
--==========509BCE44887CE3119F3E==========