Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:36:23 -0500
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE on FreeBSD 8.1 - Akonadi Control Process Not Registered at D-Bus

--Sig_/a2V6j.slm6pMn_h9==HqiiJ

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 00:23:31 +0600
Alexey Serebryakoff <overlapped@gmail.com> articulated:

> This is my /etc/rc.conf
>=20
> hald_enable=3D"YES"                                                      =
                                                                           =
                                 =20
> polkitd_enable=3D"YES"                                                   =
                                                                           =
                                 =20
> dbus_enable=3D"YES"                                                      =
                                                                           =
                                 =20
> local_startup=3D"${local_startup} /usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d"              =
                                                                           =
                                 =20
> kdm4_enable=3D"YES"

I had a friend who had a problem with Akonadi also, although it was
failing with MySQL and dbus. For whatever reason, he ran
"mysql_upgrade", rebooted the system and the problem went away. Perhaps
it was just a coincidence. In any event, he does not have a
"polkitd_enable" statement in the rc.conf file, nor a "local_startup"
one either.

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net