Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2011 20:30:46 -0400
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Chuck Burns <break19@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [urtw] Wifi link dying randomly. reboot required to reconnect.

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 07:02:15PM -0500, Chuck Burns wrote:
> > Do you have a /dev/dumpdev symbolic link pointing to a swap partition?
> > If not, the dump device may not have been configured.
> >
> > Also, apologies if you said this earlier, but which version of FreeBSD
> > are you running?
> >
> > Gary
>
> I didn't have that link, but I just linked it to my 6G swap partition (I have
> 4G of ram) at /dev/ada0p2 - using GPT, and zfs-on-root.

Actually, that won't be enough.  Sorry if I gave that idea.  If you check
/etc/rc.d/dumpon then you'll see that if the script succeeds in telling
the kernel to dump on a given swap partition then it creates the
symlink in the /dev directory.  I couldn't see any other easy way to
check if your kernel had been configured to dump to the swap partition or
not.

Do you have a dumpdev setting in /etc/rc.conf?  Does /etc/fstab list
/dev/ada0p2 as a swap partition?

Thanks for the configuration info.

Gary