Date:      11 Feb 2003 21:22:59 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Scott A. Moberly" <smoberly@karamazov.org>
Cc:        kline@thought.org, stanb@awod.com, FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla/Galeon broken after portupgrade

--=-qqDJdo5xx/gNi7npTKPH

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 20:36, Scott A. Moberly wrote:

> >> now both mozilla, and galeon die when started.

> >> rebuilt, but both browsers still core dump :-(

> >> Yes, and yes.
> >>
> >> Does that narow it down?
> >

> > 		As a point of imformation, both mozilla and mozilla-devel
> > 		segv for me since I upgraded.   Right now I'm still
> > 		using the linux version of netscape-4.8 so that I can
> > 		use the audio plugins.  But the more I use mozilla--
> > 		and galeon too, BTW--the more I like both.
> >
> > 		Anybody here subscribed to -ports and know if
> > 		things are broken??

mozilla and mozilla-devel are not broken.  They work just fine.  If you
see a segfault in these ports, it is most likely a font problem.  It
could be other things, but since I have no other information to go on, I
will assume a font problem.  To rule out fonts, you should try building
mozilla without Xft support.  To do this, specify -DWITHOUT_XFT when
building mozilla.  If the problem goes away, and you still want to use
Xft for anti-aliasing support, you can try to track down any bad fonts
you may have installed.  Usually, that involves making sure you have the
XFree86 scalable fonts port installed, and you do _not_ have the
mozilla-fonts port installed.  From there, you usually have to go font
by font, running fc-cache after each font removal, to track down the
offending font.

Joe

> > 		gary
> >

> > --
> >    Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public servic=
> > Unix

>=20
> Fresh upgrade over the weekend with no problems (other than a persistant
> slow memory leak that has been around for ages).  No particular problems
> in the build either.
--=20

--=-qqDJdo5xx/gNi7npTKPH

--=-qqDJdo5xx/gNi7npTKPH--