Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:49:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@pigstuy.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Chris Porter <porter@castlegate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Display

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Chris Porter wrote:

> I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.1 but I can't get XFree86 to work because
> the screen flickers when I try to run the server. I have tried to use
> lower resolution settings and more generic video card settings, but the
> screen still flickers no matter what. Are there any suggestions for a
> newbie?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Porter
> porter@castlegate.net

What kind of video card do you have? You may neede a specific server for
it, as opposed to XF86_SVGA.

You might look in to looking up your monitor's specs. Finding the H-sync
value and the V-sync value would be good. Just get on the web to your
favorite search engien and enter in it's manufacturer/model.

By the way, it might not be good for your hardware to leave it flickering
for too long.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@ix.netcom.com

		The majority only rules those who let them.