Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:33:38 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@tgci.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chaos@tgci.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raid/mirroring controller support

Thanks all for the information.

I notice on -questions that there is some current interest in this,
and I was wondering if there is any particular recommendation on DPT
model numbers?  Are we talking about a PM3334UW-BB?

I've briefly priced the single channel PCI Smartraid and it seems to
go for around $1100.

Is there anything cheaper?  Is DPT that much better than an Adaptec
131?

Would anyone be interested in writing a driver for the 131?

Cheers,

Riley