Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 05:19:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

> This is part of the problem I'm addressing.  The donors won't see eye
> to eye with your ideas of business and financial management.  They
> will expect to retain control of the funding and how it's allocated.

Which is a patently ridiculous assertion.  You think that if I donate
$100 to the Salvation Army or Amnesty International I get to choose
which drunk they feed or which political prisoner they should attempt
to liberate that week?  I'm sure they'd listen to my preferences
politely if I took the trouble to state them, but accept my donation
conditionally on a specific course of action?  Hardly!

> And frankly, Jordan, your rudeness, hostility, and anger toward those
> who don't agree with you indicates an unsuitability for the task.

You're entitied to your opinion, of course, but be at least aware that
any rudeness, hostility or anger you've collected so far is, in my
opinion, entirely deserved.  You're about the most stubbornly deluded
individual I've come across in quite some time and I have no
compunctions whatsoever about saying so publically.  Does that make me
a bad person and someone "unsuitable" to run a free software
organazation or does it simply make me a guy who, once pushed past any
reasonably limit, simply calls them as he sees them?  I'll let you
decide that because I'm going back to work now and, if you've any of
your own to do, I can only suggest a similar course of action in the
assumption that actual productivity is a goal we share in common.

						Jordan