Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:10:38 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest discoveries...

At 10:25 PM 6/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Try looking for "command separator" on the csh man page.

I did, and couldn't find anything I could comprehend.  I also specifically
looked in the section on aliases, and all it said was that the general
lexical structure of .cshrc applies there as well, so I know it's possible
to do it.  That's all I was able to figure out after one hour of reading
the man page over and over.

>Another excellent
>source of  information is the O'Reilly Nutshell Handbook, UNIX in a Nutshell
>(ISBN 1-56592-001-5, ~$10 US).  It was written for System V, but 99% of it
>applies to BSD.  It is a little terse, but very thorough.

Thanks for the info, but I generally don't "do" books.  That's what my PC
and the Net are for... :-)  The book you mention sounds like a good one,
but most books I've found to be useless and get outdated in a matter of
just a couple months, and I have a shelf full of books on computer-related
topics that I haven't touched in 5 years.  They make nice nests for
spiders, and that's about it.

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.