Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:58:27 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to get best results from FreeBSD-questions

On Friday, 21 August 1998 at 23:25:16 -0400, Malartre wrote:
> Greg Lehey wrote:
>>
>> (650 lines of original text, qouted *twice*, omitted)
>
> Who will read that message!

I did.  I had to do so, 14 lines at a time, to get to your comments.
You might like to check http://www.lemis.com/email.html for some
suggestions, in particular how to trim unneeded quoted text.  It
doesn't say "don't quote it twice": I don't think that happens often
enough to worry about.

> I respect your great work but who will read that long boring message

Hopefully those who continue to send us inappropriate messages.  Sure,
it doesn't always work, but at least I can say I tried.

> for a so little subject.

Your opinion.

> I propose you
> http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/how-to-ask-en.html
> http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/how-to-ask-fr.html
> Sure, it's not complete but the model is there: short explanation for a
> short subject. It lack of explanation about how to reply and other
> mailing-list, also about how to subscribe unsubscribe, but it's kinda ok
> I think. I haved great support from a lot of people and the english on
> it is near-perfect (wow!) :-)
> What do you think?

I don't have any objection to others explaining their viewpoints.

> I want to know who readed that message from top to bottom.

I did, or at least I was forced to display them to find your message.
That's how I noticed you quoted everything twice.  But you miss the
point: I get 600 messages a day.  I don't read them all, but with
good, descriptive subjects (something I advocate in the message you're
complaining about), I don't need to.  Of course, people who send a
subject like "HELP" are out of luck: I delete them without reading
them.  But you mention that in your messages.

Greg