Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:34:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        George Wenzel <gee2@realtime.net>
Cc:        richard <richard@sneaker.net.au>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Usenet performance issues (was Re: RAID solutions?)

We're currently using Dnews, and we're happy with it for the most part,
our news machine was up and running for 344 days before I had to put more
memory in...  We are also considering moving to Typhoon, as it has support
for external anti-spam progs, and it lets us specify which hierarchies go
where, which would be a great help to us.

The only problem is, it only runs on 3.0...  Anyone have any experience
with this product under FreeBSD?  Dnews has been very stable, but I really
like some of the additional features Typhoon has.

Thanks,

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman